What is Data Privacy Advisor?
Combining best in-class data privacy guidance from Practical Law Editors, global legal and regulatory content, and artificial intelligence that gets smarter the more you use it, DPA helps you to monitor the market and deepen your expertise so you can proceed more confidently.
With Data Privacy Advisor, you can:
- Get relevant answers to your compliance questions
- Feel more assured that your research is complete
- Be clear about your data privacy compliance requirements
- Be alerted to compliance-related news and trends in time to act
- Understand regulations easily across jurisdictions
- Collaborate with colleagues by sharing research folders
Why Data Privacy Advisor?
The number of jurisdictions with data protection or privacy legislation in place has soared in the last decade with no signs of abating. In the EU, an overwhelming patchwork of new rules and regulations governs the use of personal data. In the U.S. and elsewhere, countless changes loom.
So how can you understand all the implications for your organisation?
Data Privacy Advisor combines best-in-class content including data protection guidance from Practical Law, global legal and regulatory information, and news and current awareness. This content helps you monitor the market; identify which rules and regulations to apply; and detect, prevent, and respond to data privacy issues – all within a system incorporating artificial intelligence, so it gets smarter the more you use it.
How does artificial intelligence work in Data Privacy Advisor?
Data Privacy Advisor utilises Artifical Intelligence (AI) to enhance your research.
With AI, you can:
- Ask a relevant question in your own words and receive a full sentance answer along with supporting passages.
- Expand your understanding with related concepts
- See confidence indicators
- Visualise suggested areas of focus.
The Data Privacy Advisor AI has been thoroughly trained by our attorney-editors, so that the more you use it, the smarter it gets.
Ask Watson a Question is a next-generation question-answering feature that is in beta. Thomson Reuters Center for Cognitive Computing and IBM Watson partnered to build the world’s first question-answering feature for global privacy compliance. It is a “learning system,” meaning the feature continues to get smarter with user interaction.
On May 25th of 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force. A lot of UAE Companies and businesses are considering this new EU regulation and identifying whether they fall within its scope of application.