- BEPS: A global initiative and its impact on the MENA region
July 3, 2018
BEPS: A global initiative and its impact on the MENA region
Expert guidance from Adil Rao, Middle East Transfer Pricing Leader of Deloitte Middle East
Following on from the introduction of Valued Added Tax (VAT) in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), OECD’s Base erosion and profit shifting (BEPS) project represents another tax reporting and compliance challenge facing organizations across the region. To date, 116 jurisdictions have pledged to collaborate and joined the BEPS Inclusive Framework, including Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Oman, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain and a few others in the MENA region.
To provide clarity on the BEPS initiative and offer guidance for the companies that are impacted – Pierre Arman, Market Development Lead for Tax and Accounting at Thomson Reuters, MENA, interviewed Adil Rao, Transfer Pricing Leader at Deloitte Middle East on the various issues listed below:
- The core focus areas of the BEPS recommendation
- The measures to implement these recommendations
- How MENA tax authorities are reacting to the BEPS requirements
- Why it is important to use technology to automate BEPS compliance
Thomson Reuters can Help
To learn how Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE can help you with BEPS, please complete the contact us form.